No scream for "ice cream"

This 'post' is my reaction to today's "htCity" news item.."American ice cream brand gets into "racist" trouble at the launch of their first outlet in India"...
I am sure many of us still may not have made it to the shores of America. However for most of us 'America' continues to be a 'vision' statement and a reference of 'America' invariably finds a slot both in our short and long term goals.However does all this "America" fixation make us little less Indian and little more American may always remain a debatable.However I can cross my heart as an "Aaam Aadmi" and say whatever fascination I may have for that country across the Atlantic,my mind and my soul will always remain on the shores of Ganges and in the country that I will ever remain pride to call my "India".If I am putting up with their silly antics now and then in my own country,it only proves that I am ignoring their "Envy" of our cultural heritage and our family bonding that is making them "restless".Well so let us not get worked up by "Haagen Daze's" (a America's ice cream major) latest antic at Select CitiMall. Let us remember our uproar and outburst of emotion will only give them a free publicity ride. You know something an "Aaam Aadmi" never checks the 'breed' of the 'dog' when he throws him the "crumbs".However if some "Videshi" take so pride of their "breed",let's not waste our crumbs on them....
Let's carry on with our "Desi Kulfi" and Narula's "Ice Cream"...'and carry on with our "India Gate".picnics. After all we are always "Happy singingly"....HAPPY...so "NO" screaming Ji....for Ice Cream Ji..!

Comments

Unknown said…
Very well written appa..this is the worst publicity gimmic done by the ice cream so called "major" i have ever heard of..!!
kayarbee said…
Be Indian Buy Indian

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'