In conversation with Bapu....

With 'Sare Jahan Se Achcha' and 'Abide with Me'the Soul-stirring martial tunes and solemn drum beats at the majestic Raisina Hills the "Beating the Retreat" ceremony marked the conclusion of the week long ceremonial functions of India celebrating her 62nd year of Republic.As the illumination lit up the edifices of Imperial India..my thought reached out to that day into the history of independence that finally dropped the curtain on a life called "Gandhi"...the man whose experiment with truth may not have jelled with today but his name has truly become the brand that remain most misused & manipulated both in trade & politics.As I key-in these lines I can read out the conversation that would have transpired between the "soul of Nation" (SON) and "Mahatma Gandhi"(Bapu)....Read on what I read.....

SON: Bapu it's me,are you sleeping....?

BAPU: How can you ask that...don't you know this day in the year 1948..I was gunned down by my own country man in my own country..without giving me a chance to live in a Republic India....

SON: I understand your pain of departing abruptly..but Bapu if you hear me out ..you will be happy of your going away...

BAPU : Why do you say that..

SON : Bapu you used the 'spinning wheel to cloth the meek & poor, to-day we spin the wheels to veil truth & protect rich & the mighty

BAPU : Hey Ram..

SON : Also Bapu you used non-violence to oppose oppression,to-day we oppress non-violence using violence..

BAPU: Hey Ram...

SON : Frankly to-day your values have become redundant..but yes your name sell like hot potatoes. You know Bapu people are changing their surname to GANDHI so that they can establish dynasty rule to run the Republic & Democratic India..

BAPU : You mean running the nation has become a family business..can you run some names for me please..

SON : Here you are..Indira Gandhi,Rajiv Gandhi,Sonia Gandhi & soon to follow are Rahul Gandhi, Priyanka Gandhi & may be Varun Gandhi..

BAPU : Just a moment..the Indira you mentioned...is she not Nehru's daughter,if yes she should have been Indira Nehru, why Indira Gandhi..

SON : Bapu I told you your name sells..You see these Gandhis' 'ran & run' & will continue to 'run' India..

BAPU : But don't people oppose...

SON : No Bapu,they believe since you made the British run away from India, so these Gandhis if not able to run the country at least can shout "run India run" enough to make everybody feel happy that the reigns of this country are in the right hands..

BAPU: Enough enough...you are right I am happy where I am.I may not have had a Raj yog but at least I have this "RajGhat" all for myself. Please let me rest in peace. You may leave now

SON : Ok Bapu...may GOD be with you

BAPU : Hey don't you know I am dead so I am my GOD now

SON : Oh my GOD...(OMG)...

I said to myself..Hey...Ram... was't it scary to talk to the dead & the soul...

Comments

HT said…
Interesting conversation but a little too short..I am sure there could have been a thousand other things that SON would ask today.
KAYARBEE said…
Hi Himanshu...Probably the "SON" thought it may not be "Dillogical" to strain his already harassed soul.
delhidreams said…
:)
wat i really believe is that only he had the way, the solution to many problems India faces today. i can go on n on, but maybe its not d time n place for it :)
Unknown said…
very well written...i really loved it dad...

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'