Oh..my.. GOD!


Where the chaotic political elite remain fighting for power & purse. where Democracy has become betrayer of trust of the people. Where crime & punishments have become affairs of political convenience. Where goons are becoming franchisers of faith & GOD. Where lack of tangible leadership has become the one single most reason in pushing the country into Cesspool of Racism & Scamism. In short it is this country that I woke up for first ever time crying in bewilderment...It is this country where I for the rest of my life will every day be learning to live with fear and keep fighting my head out to trust the custodians of my vote for the safety & well being of my family. This country has no any more relevance to poet Laureate Rabindranath Tagore's "Gitanjali", Where he said and I can't resist quoting a few lines of this most beautiful poetry... here I go...

"Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up
into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason
has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action---
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake."

Coincidentally it was for "Gitanjali" that Rabindranath Tagore won his Noble prize for literature. I am sure if the members of the Noble Committee from Sweden walks into this country today to see the relevance of the poem to the reality around ....they would have simply said Oh..my.. GOD!

Comments

Garfieldvk said…
Very well said. What we need is a reform in our political system. We need to follow the US model and build on it. Most of the leaders in Congress are IVY league graduates. With that level of acumen, one cannot go wrong in running the country.

May be our politician will quote Robert Frost
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Cheers
Tesho
MIND your HR said…
Thanks Tesho...no doubt why for most of us making it to America..is becoming....a dream come true...All the best

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'