Ecnomics of "understanding"!

Decades in time as a student of "Economics" I was forced to mug up chapters from 'Paul Samuelson's' book "Economics An Introductory Analysis". I wish I had then made effort to 'grasp' those chapters instead of 'mugging' them up. May be this is the reason why today I find my knowledge of "Economics" so undernourished. Even today I remain 'utterly bitterly' confused of a factor called "GDP"
Now again for instance if the 'GDP' of this country is on the rise, does it mean that the government's huge spending on 'Aam Aadmi's' welfare is being reflected significantly in improved condition of the 'Aam Aadmi'?. Does a 6.7% growth in country's 'GDP' remain unrelated to 'Aam Aadmi's' 'wait' at the water tap,every morning hoping that someday the "elixir of life" will trickle from it. Does the rise of country's 'GDP' no 'relevance' to the Summer's "erratic" and long "power cuts" that is forcing the 'Aam Aadmi' to take his 'frustrations' to the streets, 'summer after summer'. Is the 'GDP' digit not a 'connect' to the increasing gap in the 'Aam Aadmi's' affordability to the 'necessities' of life. Does a healthy 'GDP' mean deteriorating of "law and order" in the country.
I know being an 'Aam Aadmi', I do suffer form lack of intellectual growth. May be that is the reason why I keep believing that a true 'GDP' is not a statistically derived digit with a decimal,but a reality check that remains free from "dismal situations". In short for me a true 'GDP' is reflection of "Growth,Development and prosperity" of the 'Aam Aadmi'.
I am sure "Paul Anthony Samuelson" will forgive me for dedicating this post as my tribute to him and his unconventional interpretation of world economic trends and developments. He truly was the greatest "Economist" of our century.
"Paul Anthony Samuelson" passed away on Sunday 13th December 2009 at city of 'Belmont California'.
May his soul rest in peace and may my sense of "Economics" leap away from the thing called "Reality"..."Aameen"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'