For the 'undressed minds'...


My general awareness took a beating when I realized my ignorance about the usage of a term called 'Slut-Walk'. I will not blame it to my public diplomacy or the lack of it. I would prefer instead walking straight into understanding what this 'walk' is all about.

'Slut Walks' are protest march against sexual violence against women. The movement started at Toronto is now gaining ground across the globe...

When it comes to sexual attacks on women with reference to India Delhi obviously score a ten on ten. A politically polluted police force and a don't care"CM"has proved helpful in taking the daily count of rapes in the city beyond our finger counts. Delhi thus become an eligible venue for heralding the movement into India.

'Slut Walking' is a collective people's response to a non- responsive political & police attitude, which keep blaming the woman's individual dress code the cause for the mounting rapes and molestation. I hope the movement gains ground and wins a mass support. This is not a political movement against black money. This a people's movement for preserving & protecting woman dignity.

In coming month Delhi will be able to see if through 'Slut Walk' people are able to consolidate their anger and frustration into achieving positive vibes for dressing up the 'undressed minds'..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'