Congratulations.."Will & "Kate" !


When it comes to mannerism , I may be a bit of American but never any bit a 'Brit'. Thank God I belong to the post independent generation. May be that's why it took me a while this afternoon to register the 'Union Jack" wavers. I was watching the great 'Royal wedding' from the comforts of my drawing room. I don't know why no Indian was part of the 1900 invitees to the Royal wedding. Being an Indian that includes me too...

Anyway I hate to wear stiff neck and sport those Windsor knot. All the more I know I will feel claustrophobic in the motley crowd of floating hat less male heads walking hand in hand with those snobby women wearing all those funny hats. Truly aristocracy is something that you should be born with. You just can't cultivate those mannerism and stiff lip attitudes. Watching today the British Royal wedding did make me realize that nobody can out snob the members of "House of Windsor". House of Windsor is the official name given to the British Royal Household.

Prince William, the duke of Cambridge is the next heir apparent to British throne, after Charles, Prince of Wales his father. Therefore there was no doubt this Royal Wedding was today's best show on the earth. After all it had the two best cast, one born aristocrat, other married into aristocracy.

Thanks to the BBC, this common man sitting miles away from British Isles got the privilege to watch the pageantry draped wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in the historic Westminster Abbey. It somehow reminded me of Barbara Cartland's romantic novels. Their locking the lips at the balcony of the Buckingham palace truly gave a fairy tale beginning to a happily ever after blissful life.

Congratulations "Will" & "Kate" !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'