Who am I..? a Common man.!..

"Sare Jahan se achaa hindustan hamara.......". The song reeks of patriotism,still I love this song a great deal. Perhaps my love for my Hindustan continues to remain unconditional...

In my own Hindustan I remain harassed and frustrated by the cost of living and my every day struggle in meeting the needs and necessities of my family. Many a times my body & mind boils in unrest but I keep the lid shut.I know when my lid will burst it will only see me strewn around, leaving behind a family in plight and turmoil. From what I say,I don't mean I am a coward because I am simply not a coward...

I fight for my rights everyday with the different governmental and municipal bodies. I do protest loudly whenever I am not able to take the soaring inflations & the all around chaotic attitudes in my stride. I do join those frequent candle march processions called up by NGOS in protest of some or other terrorist attacks in the country. I don't blink an eye lid when I am asked to donate blood for a Thalassemia kid. I do stand up as a face in the crowd to fight the establishments against corruptions & scams. I never ever have missed filing my tax returns, to protect the meager means that I am left with after those TDS & Cess. ..

Having said all those I continue to restrain myself reporting crimes & corruptions in my neighborhood because I remain scared of political,politicians & the establishments retaliations for standing up for right cause,right reasons and at times for my very rights. After all who am I...? a common man...!

Comments

Himanshu Tandon said…
Nicely worded...
I could almost see RK Laxman looking up from his desk and smiling :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Common_Man

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'