'Proud' to be 'Indian' am "I"..?

My chest swelled with "pride" when President Obama hailed "India" indispensable. I truly feel blessed to have been born into the country which is the land of "Himalayas' the world's tallest mountain. I am also thrilled that my "INDIA" is the land of many mysteries and fascinations, that all desire to see. I feel privileged to be a a citizen of a country which is the world's largest and oldest democracy and contains an amazing wealth of wisdom, culture and spirituality. I feel great and an "honoured Indian" when I realize that this country gave the world an universal leader called "GANDHI", a lean bespectacled and a 'barely clad' person who was able to garnish enough strength to bring the great "British Empire" to her knees, forcing her to quit "INDIA".

However where there is pride, prejudice does follow. May be therefore when I say I am proud to be Indian, I also remain 'pissed up' with the way our society hails and endorses 'cast' war and 'religious' intolerance. Also when I say I am happy to be an "Indian" I also remain sad that our society still continue to encourage, female foeticide, honour killing, and promote 'dowry darbars'.

I do feel an 'honoured Indian' but I also sound a 'frustrated Indian' when I see that our 'political leadership' and our great 'democracy' in spite of 62 years past "independence' has failed to deliver ...a true "indispensable" "India"...which can "truly" make me 'proud' to be an "Indian"... that I am..!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'