Nobody's Business...

On a broad day light when I am robbed at the point of gun, nobody comes for my rescue, because I am nobody's business. When I am dying of hunger, nobody bothers to give me a bite off the "loaf" because I am nobodys's business. When I am raped on the streets, nobody walks forward to save my 'honour' because I am nobody's business. However when I fall in 'love' and want to marry my fiancee, who is of the same "Gothra" as I am , 'I' suddenly become everybody's business and soon our "lives" are cut short in the name of "honour killing". It is sad that in a civilized society that we claim to be living in, such 'atrocities' on 'human lives' are receiving "political patronage" both at national and regional levels. Our "politicians bazaar" today remains thriving with vote "banking politics", so much so that the country today has no "political leadership", with enough 'spine' to stand erect on the "legs" and 'gun down' the perpetrators of such ghastly crime against humanity.

With every passing day I remain little bit more unsure of my 'pride' in being a citizen of a 'nation' that is one of the biggest "democracies" of the world. However it doesn't make me any less 'patriotic'. I still love my 'country' a great deal and perhaps if I remain not consumed to any 'terrorist' 'blasts', I will never still hesitate to give my life for this "country"...

What about our 'politicians'..? Are they ready to 'fight' for my 'war' against 'hunger', 'poverty', 'unemployment','crime' and my 'dignity' ,or does this 'war' remain a "nobody's business"...?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'