Shut Up “Mogambo”!

Recently, ‘Karan Johar’ was summoned to Mr. Bal Thackeray’s durbar. He was called their to apologize and say sorry to Mr. Bal Thackeray in person, for using the term “Bombay” instead of “Mumbai” in one of his recent hit film “Wake up Sid”

Once again now this self proclaimed “Mogambo”of ‘Maharashtra’ along with his pair of Popats (“RAJ”& “UDHAV”) and band of ‘tapories’ are consuming the media bytes simply to remain a constant ‘breaking news’ of TV channels. Their intent is to keep ‘live’ their “political vandalism” and ensure that their political life is not written off as quickly as their “political performance” in the state. Their increasing nonsense value is creating a serious dent to common man’s perception of Democracy. Can any government remain a “fiddler in the roof” as the citizens of the nation continue to remain a victim of disgracing regional political bias?

Where was this“Mogambo”and his” band”, When many ‘Waghle',’Waghmare’and 'Bhonsle' were falling down to AK 47 and lying around them where also some other people like 'Yadav’,Tirpathi’and Aslam Khan’. All these people were ordinary ‘Mumbaikars', who got killed that day on the "Veer Chatrapathi Shivagi Marg",when Mumbai remained paralyzed to terrorist’s bullets. Yes it was 26th of November,2008.

You cannot politicize the free moments, and free thinking of the citizens of this country. If I am proud to be an Indian, I am also equally proud of my name. It is my fundamental right to live and move about in the city of Mumbai or elsewhere in India as freely as everybody else. I have every liberty to stand my ground and not apologize for something that I believe in. Last but not the least I don’t need my name to be my ‘passport’ to live in this city. All that I need to make this city my ‘Home” is my love for the city and my ‘pride’ to be a Mumbaikar. This is precisely the sentiment that is running high in every Mumbaikar today. No doubt the bulk of the credit for this should go to none other than the ‘one and only’ Who said “My Name is “Khan”..!

Let us stop ourselves from being “scapegoats” of political frustrations. It is just "right" for all of us to come together as proud “Mumbaikars” and true Indians and ‘rise up’ not to ‘hail Mogambo’ but to SHUT UP “Mogambo”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'