OHMy Money!!!


India is running 64 and still she is being addressed as 'young nation'. I am just running 62 and my 'young nation' is all in hurry to hand me a "life term achievement award" by prefixing senior citizen to my name.

The job market now has suddenly started overlooking my professional expertise and becoming more fussy about my being 62. Well anyway I don't pity myself for being around all the wonderful years and still remain all excited going on white water river rafting and enjoying MTV bouts. I am happy taking those big strides and large leaps growing my wisdom. Anyway I am not here to win my war for "Cheeni Kum" movement. I am here for waring my reasons for war against corruption.

I do support & believe in "War against corruption" that's why I allowed myself to soak away in the sun at Jantar mantar. However now when I am reading the clauses of draft writing of the Lok Pal bill , I am not very sure if this war is anything worth sweating for.

Corruption is a legacy that we no more can let go. How many of us can boast of getting the civic agencies to resolve our issues without getting some load off our purse. How many of us were lucky to put our wards into engineering and medical colleges without saying yes to capitation fees. I am sure we all would have paid for the building fund when for the first time our children stepped in for schooling.

No projects for Roads, fly overs, sub ways & over bridges could have come through without hitting the road block called the escalation clause. The clause that virtually mine gold for the project owners and their associates

Our corporate may boast of ethics committee to prevent bribing govt agencies for getting the work done. However it never disapproves paying the same in form of consultancy and get the task achieved.

Give & take are norms of healthy living. Let us therefore not shy away accepting the fact that it is money and money alone that can win us our war against non performing bodies & institutions.

'War against corruption' believe me is a political movement so let us leave it to the politicians. We are better off living our life without dribbling our energy for a cause that is too Utopian... By the way I am sure we won't turn an atheist if we forget to say Oh my God and start yelling
OHMY Money!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'