Have a "Nice Day"....

With so many reservations that are 'stalking' a generally “ordinary people”, I am sure very soon when you try booking a 'pool side' table in some 'five star' hotel...Your conversation with the reservation desk will run something like this…Read on...

You: Hello is this Hotel “Paradise”

Reservation desk Hotel “paradise”: Good Morning sir, can I help you

You: I need to book a table for 2 on your “Pool” side restaurant for this evening

RDHP: sure sir. But before that as per the latest Government norms, you will have to answer a set of questions that I should be asking. I am sorry this may be annoying but rule is a rule…

You: please go ahead I am willing to take the questions. I am a law abiding citizen

RDHP: Here is my first Q….Your citizenship..?

You: Indian

RDHP: Are you a “schedule cast”

You: No

RDHP: Do you belong to any “schedule tribe”

You: No

RDHP: Are you from a “Minority Community”

You: I am a ‘Hindu’

RDHP: That means you don’t belong to any “Minority Community”

You: OK your next Q please..!

RDHP: Are you “gay”

You: NO

RDHP: Are you a "Woman"

You: NO

RDHP: Your answers to all my 'Questions' have been a “consistent “No”. I am sorry we can‘t take your “booking”…you see we don’t have any quota for any “Non Reserved” category..

You: That’s stupid.I thought "Democracy" is all about equality & does not tolerate 'discrimination of any kind

RDHP: You made a 'point'...

You: I know ...a "silly point"...

RDHP: Thank you for calling. Have a "nice day"....

Comments

Himanshu Tandon said…
A very Good One indeed. The non-reserved category needs to have a separate quota now.

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'