My "Kodak Moments" @ 81st "OSCARS"

I am not at all a 'fan follower' of any 'Award' ceremony. This has nothing to do with my frustration for not even bagging a 'consolation' prize through my 'Academic' years.However as a 'normal Indian' who will never tire of admiring the "HOLLYWOOD"..I decided to be one among the millions of Indians, who would have sat through this morning in front of their TV set watching 'live' the 81st Oscar Award Ceremony being held '7' seas away at city of
"LOS ANGELES".

The glitzy surrounds at the "Kodak" theater never for a moment gave me any feel of a "Recessioned America". 'Recession' or 'Slum.?.'p' the glitter & shows goes on, be it Hollywood or our own "Bollywood". Talking of awards, "Slumdog Millionaire" bagging 8 awards does not excite me.I know most of my 'fellow Indians' may absolutely remain 'disagreed' with me on that. To me "Slumdog Millionaire" is 'out' and 'out' a 'British' movie. The only connect that it shares with India is the "Mumbai City". In spite of my not going 'Ga''Ga' about "Slumdog Millionaire" ..I did definitely witness some moments which will remain "live" in my mind long after this "live telecast" is "archived".
Here are those 'Kodak moments' :-
The acceptance speech on behalf of "Heath Ledger" by his parents & sisters which said ...
"We proudly accept this award on behalf of your beautiful daughter "Matilda" (the Late "Heath Ledger" received best 'supporting actor' award for his Joker role in "The Dark Knight". His daughter Matilda is just 3 years old)
The acceptance speech of "Resul Pookutty" where he said...
"I come from a country and a civilization that has given the universal word.That word is preceded by silence, followed by more silence. That word is 'OM'. So I dedicate this award to my country. Thank you, Academy,"('Resul' bagged the award for "sound mixing" for "Slumdog Millionaire")
In as much as the "Oscars" are spectacle, it was nice to see how humbled some of the winners were. A.R.Rehman who bagged "2" awards for the music for "Slumdog Millonaire" was one of them. Watching him walking to the stage...I realized I was standing in front of the 'TV' clapping my hands as 'tears' blurred my vision momentarily...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'