'No'.. "British Mambo Jambo"!

We know every 'dog' has his 'day'.But the dog I am writing about is something special. Awards after awards are pouring cats & dogs' on this 'Dog' ever since it was unleashed. Now believe me I am not referring to any 'Dog Show'. You guessed it right I am talking about 'Slum dog Millionaire' which is all set to walk the 'Red Carpet' this Sunday at the 81st Oscar award ceremony at "Kodak Theater" Los Angeles.

Is "Slum dog Millionaire" a 'masterpiece'?. Now I am not qualified to make that statement. After all you need a 'master' to be 'his Master's voice'.

As an average Indian movie goer I did find it good in the usual way.It did have some patches of "SATYA" and "BLACK FRIDAY"..but never carried the intensity and depth of those movies.

I am not offended like Bollywood's big 'B' for its glorifying the slums & poverty of India. I do know for sure such slums & poverty exists and thrive in all western nations that includes the GREAT BRITAIN & USA.

Today when India has emerged as one of the most intellectually powerful and economically robust nation across this globe,the "British" still don't want to admit that. They now try to find salvation by projecting our slums & our poverty through a medium called cinema.

Don't mind Mr.Danny Boyal we Indians never pretend to be 'what we are not'...except of course when it comes to speaking "English" many of us still do pretend to give it a "Brit" accent..but...I never knew your "Jamal" the Indian slum dweller also was one of them .You see I have never come across any slum dweller in India referring a 'dog' a 'dog'. For them a 'dog' has always been a "Kutta"..and that's no "British Mambo Jambo"...you can check it..Mr.Danny Boyal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'