My 'GOD' & 'Me'


GOD: Of late I don't find you coming to the temple..

Me: Cutting through the over crowded bazaars,..jumping all those pot holes on the roads,.. trying to navigate through a chaotically managed mad traffic, & inhaling the suffocating stench of urine & garbage pile-ups,...the walk to the 'temple' is becoming more of an ordeal than a 'shrdha'. As though this is not enough...the absence of street lights in the evenings & the local hooligans free play all around ..it is ... literally making my trip to the temple a nightmare. I have therefore stopped going to the temples.

GOD: Nightmare ..!and ..for you !...I don't believe it..looks like you have got everything you wanted.. and so you think you don't need me any more.

Me : How can you say that?.You are my only HOPE.

GOD: Don't give me that humble talk..you know & I know .... you are virtually the power that stalk the length & breadth of this country. Probably it is your greed for more that is making you ...forget my blessing..

Me: Honestly my struggle for day to day existence leaves me hardly anytime to count your blessings... .

GOD: Struggle! my foot !..after ...all.... those lavish blessings that I showered on you... you should have been actually dancing "on cloud nine".....

Me: I just don't understand what you are talking.....all that I know is that I have yet to see any silver linings in the clouds that seems to be there always ...

GOD: What a pity!..not a grain of gratitude...

Me: What gratitude.... you are talking of ?..

GOD: Enough.. enough... that's the limit! ..you ungrateful...

Me: Yes... you are right .. I am ungrateful ..what else I can say. After all you are my master.... so you should be right.?

GOD: How dare..! you answer me back.!..one word more and I am going to send in all the curses in... just one go ..& you will be really shocked to realise how it will make your life a hell of a miserable living....

Me: You are mistaken..nothing any more shocks me...because I am already living a hell of a miserable life

(GOD pauses ...seems to be lost on thoughts..cools down a little...and the conversation resumes)

GOD: Well son ....I think there is something wrong somewhere.....

Me: You mean... could.. it be a case of mistaken identity..

GOD: Could be..?

Me: But you are God ..how could you....make... mistake...

GOD: You see of late we have started using 'computers' to manage our data bank..you can imagine how big they are......

Me: ...you think there could be a programming error....

GOD: Quite possible. With all those fast multiplying virus..looks like the anti virus program is not showing up on the 'run'

Me: Nice to know you also have bug in the 'programs'

GOD: Anyways tell me do you come under the category "privileged Class" in your country... that is 'India'

Me: What is this "privileged class" ? can you please elaborate..

GOD: You see we classify the National/Local level politicians in your country as the "privileged Class"...and as such they have our blessings (a matter of policy}
to do anything and everything..moral/immoral,ethical/unethical/ biased/not so biased,plus they are also free to commit/crime both capital/minor or commit/de-commit promises both under oath or otherwise ,verbal/written..In short they are the virtual God/Lord of your country & her citizens..

Me: I then don't belong to this class..

GOD: Yes now I understand your crib & that meek talk...of yours.

Me: Well since you understand... can you please explain..?

GOD: You see... you belong to a class that we have classified as "Common Man". We no more concentrate on this class..(a matter of policy)...so you are right when you said ..and I quote "yet to see any silver linings in the clouds that seems to be there always ..."& your statement " I am already living a hell of a miserable life" doubly confirms my understanding.

Me: OK now what do you plan to do for ummm...us..?

GOD: Well we have yet to take a call on that..

Me: Why..?

GOD: We have our own id -logical problems..and none of us want to risk taking a decision in ..haste.

Me: Its ages since we are the way we are...and you still find taking a decision about our 'fate'... should not be in haste...

GOD: You will not understand..this is much more than your national/state politics

Me: How..?

GOD: You see ..in our "GOD LAND",we have a very large Army of Gods& Goddesses,both in idol forms and abstract forms.Also we have forces of 'AIR','FIRE','WATER ,'MOUNTAINS,ANIMALS,BIRDS & SCRIPTURES...which come under "GOD MANIFESTATION " category .Put together they constitute the "BOARD" of this GODLY NATION.
Bringing all of the above Board Members together to the "TABLE" and obtaining an unanimous decision on the 'COMMON MAN 'will mean 'moving the 'Heaven' and pulling up the "Earth"...and none of us out here are ready for this yet..

Me:WHY...?

GOD:Because it will create a heavenly fall in our GDP.

Me: Oh!so you are more worried about your GDP & not about our inflation & insecurities

GOD:Frankly speaking "I" feel it is not worth the effort.After all to keep our bottom line pink & healthy we need the political support & not the vows of the "common man" which remains never ending

Me: Thank you God I appreciate your frank & blunt answers..I wish our politicians were also like this..frank & open....instead keeping us hanging on promises and hopes...

(I take a pause here and think aloud...."MY GOD"....so the plight of the "common man" is going to always remain a "comedy of errors".
So why not let us laugh it out as 'bad economics' and keep running our obstacle race...till "HE" decides to call it off....)

Comments

Unknown said…
That's wonderful pithy dialogue with GOD.

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'