The race for "BRAND"


‘I beg to differ’,-I said . I was addressing my ‘mind’…little ticklish though it remains my most enlightening companion...
At this point it was debating about what Gandhi & Gandhisim was all about.One part of my ‘mind’ was saying that ‘Gandhi’ was an epitome of humanity . The other part maintained that ‘Gandhi’ was a true karam yogi.. It was at this point that I intervened and said, I beg to differ… not that I carried any difference of opinion ….it was simply meant to keep the conversation rolling..Having said that, I took a pause ;..noticing my 'mind’ giving me a look that said 'how sad we have to endure this stupid companion for the rest of our soul'.On my part however I never want to lose my mind over matters of historical interest.This perhaps became my reason to do a soul searching to understand what is Gandhi all about...read on to know what is Gandhi in "India...... Today"...

‘Gandhi’ in my my opinion is a "Brand" that sells and sells like hell. It remains a product that needs no launching,no marketing -yet it remains the most powerful selling factor as a commodity, but hopelessly unmarketable as a’value’ .Thanks to our politicians who remain the life long brand ambassadors for this "Brand"

Of late this "Brand" has become so misleading that....
...if you request for Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi’s family tree-here is what you may probably get :-
Mohan Das Karam Chand Gandhi….’Father of the Nation’.
Indira Gandhi- His only ‘Daughter’.
Rajiv& Sanjay Gandhi– His two ‘Grandsons’.
Sonia &Menaka Gandhi’– His two ‘Grand Daughters- in-law’
Rahul & Varun Gandhi’— His two ‘Great Grand sons’

Now if you try to look for a person called ‘Feroz Gandhi’ in this family tree ….you are wasting your time and my sincere advise to you would be -’move with time ….you stupid ’…Who is Feroz…….?

Remember, ‘ Clark Gable’, he said and I quote, ‘hitch your wagon to a star’ and that’s not ‘Gone with the Wind’..it still exists loud & clear. Well ….coming back to Gandhi ….think of it ; he is a whole lot of constellation….

Our politicians - a tribe called …’vulgarly opportunists’ have therefore all the reasoning to project themselves to be in the lineage of Gandhi.

How does it matter?…..if a person called Mani Lall Gandhi or Dev Das Gandhi have any objection to it.Does truth ever prevail ? Satyamev Jayate....may remain the most inspiring lyrics for the Bollywood music beat ..
..But for an 'Aam Adami' it generally remains an an evidence of pain & agony in his journey for justice..let me not derail from the subject Gandhi ....and beat around an ass called Law & perhaps Justice?

Coming back to Mr. Gandhi..he will always remain on the wining list of 'Brand Equity " race.Be it politics,be it commerce of politics...Gandhi is the one string that pulls us all to the voting booth and leads us to elect and elevate .........

ruffians & rouges to the helm of governing a nation that we call yeah 'Mera India'

At this point my 'mind' blew up almost as though some one had touched a raw nerve and started uttering something that was clearly not audible but however what it meant was something like this.......

......"The true saga of Mr.Gandhi's sacrifices for this country ,his ‘Experiments with Truth’, his pain & struggle for getting the ‘Freedom for this Nation - can never ever be a 'Brand'-because -they are not a marketing strategy-they remain a saga of a simple human being who just lived enough to see his country awake to ‘The Freedom at Midnight’…."

It does appeal to my patriotism but yet the fact remains that Mr.Gandhi remains today the favorite of writer's tool to win elections…

All said and done I know when William Shakespeare said 'what's in a name'
he was not aware of a name called "GANDHI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'