A story with no myth about Vampires...



I grew up reading Stories by Enid Blyton and adventures of Biggles and somewhere on the time zone I picked up  Bram Stoker's Dracula and that's when I came to know about those blood sucking men and  women that we call Vampires. I always considered Vampires to be some supernatural creatures of
 pr-historic times. Now Adi's  'Tantra' has for some reason or other makes me believe that they are simply part of this crowd we call people. The author  Adi  is a  Harvard and Stanford graduate  and 'Tantra', his first novel is the outcome of his deep interest in spiritual and religious history of India.

The story revolves around Anu Agarwal a New York based young lady who is some kind of a professional Vampire hunter . Anu's soul mate Brain is brutally killed by a Vampire. The book 'Tantra' is about her revenge journey  to avenge the killing of Brain.The journey brings her to Delhi and the entire story thereafter zoom around Delhi's streets, roads,Ashrams and pubs.

I will not say 'Tantra' is one of those un- putt able 'don't miss' books. I would however maintain that for a first time author it is a well researched book. A decade back I may not believe about vampires roaming around the streets of Delhi. However looking at the disgusting crime scenarios in today's  Delhi I simply have to take it as real and happening. That makes 'Tantra' a sort of a topical  fiction...and that's a credit I will give to the author...Adi

This 334 page book is published by Appejay Stya publishing House and @ Rs.195/-it is no disappointing...

This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program for Indian Bloggers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'