Will create a dent in Soldiers, discipline

Sitting on my sixty and some, I trail the tracks that I left behind.I realize that I was never a trailblazing person. Be it academics,be it sports, be it my career, I always remained an "also ran" entity. I am sure this has nothing to do with my love for horses, polo and the army.

I was never a man of sterner stuff  therefore I knew I would have never made it to the NDA and obviously therefore never have become the part of the  list of the Generals who contributed heart & soul and proved time and again to the world at large that Indian Army is one among the finest in the world. Our Army has always rose up to the challenges of external aggression & internal disturbances simply because of its belief that honour and welfare of the country comes first always and every time.

General V K Singh, no doubt is a highly decorated Army officer. He also happens to be the very first Indian armed forces officer to be inducted into the prestigious United States Army War College which is the final destination for learning the strategic leadership.

I have neither the muscles nor the audacity to give my opinion  about General VK Singh's decision to take his age row to the Supreme Court. However I feel happy about the verdict passed by the apex court. Retiring this "May" or that "May" would have perhaps found History recording  General VK Singh as an unsung "HERO"of the Armed Forces. However the General's taking his 'Battle of Age' into a public domain is something that will never go well  with the health & prestige of the Indian Armed Forces.

General Sahib..something inside me tells... this will create a dent in Soldiers, discipline...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'