If you don't mind it doesn't matter...


I have been so engrossed with my anxiety of being a sixty plus that I almost keep forgetting every year the arrival and departure of Children's Day (14, November) . I still remember my those childhood days when I used to runaway and hide every time I broke some costly ceramic tea set or other valuable items. Being the youngest and the only son among the four children I would always cry without reasons after fighting with my sisters...

I also remember my nutty and  naughty school days. I still remember my English teacher explaining William Wordsworth Poem "The Rainbow". However for some strange reasons I am still not remain convinced with Wordsworth's famous line "Child is the father of man". Well those were the wonderful days that keep lingering in my mind and memory. Whenever I get bitten with the complexity of present day living , I always revisit my school days and feel like the man who finally flew over the cuckoo's nest..

I am now eagerly looking forward for my up coming School Alumni meet. I am quite excited going back to my school days and meeting my school buddies who would be all like me in their sixty plus. That would be the time I bet when for me my age would be just a mater of mind. I know when all we nicker days buddies gang up over those non stop beer re-fills, I am sure to have left behind my anxiety of being a sixty plus. Probably at the end of it, I may wake up convinced about what William Wordsworth meant when he said "Child is the Father of Man"

I am sure the Alumni meet would make me bounce back to reality and give me great reasons to be proud and grateful for being around . For me then my gray hairs will no longer matter. What will count will be those great moments that we the sixties will be sharing. That makes me say finally that Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind it doesn't matter.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'