Being Hindu & Being Indian..!


















I am a Hindu. In principle I believe in vegetarianism. However I am not against people who make animal their food. Neither I   discriminate in the people's  preference of meat.  I don't indulge in dictating the food habits of the people. I am  pained to see every one blaming my religion for  promoting Cow vigilantism and  lynching human lives.  

The  name Gandhi is being used by the  politicians to loot the country, so also being Hindu is used  to divide the people. Of late   Hindutva  has  become a handy tool for politicians to propagate hate and violence. My religion like other religions has   predominantly become a  political vote bank. Today the so called intellectuals in the country even  brand Hindu as being a militant.  My religion today has become a mute spectator of political instigation and manipulations. 

Hindu religion  is a faith, a faith that is born out of truth and dharma. A faith that has stood on its own legs for centuries together. A faith that has withstood all kind of atrocities by foreign invaders from  Alexander, to Muggles  and from Portuguese to  British yet  remain unscathed . Hindu religion is a multi scripted faith. It is not a single scripture faith like all other religions. Hindu beliefs are manifested into images that give birth to deities .My religion  believes in story telling and it is my   medium of  communicating with the CREATOR that we call GOD.  I don't claim any one prophet  nor does I worship  one GOD.  There are roughly 33 million Gods that form channels for me  to keep alive my bonding  with the CREATOR.  Hinduism is the only  religion  in this universe that neither give ten commandments nor bind their  followers with any rigid  set of  Dos and  Don'ts.  It simply advocates that good karma and Dharma will keep our mind and soul happy but it  leaves the choice to me . 

Hinduism is the only religion that neither preach nor  ever remain ambitious to multiply the number of  believers to its faith . Hinduism for me is a medium to keep   my  conversations on going with GOD,  my creator with whom I can  talk confidently about me  For me being a Hindu  is not a race to capture audience  . I race with time and believe in destiny.. .

It is unfortunate that  today the so called intellectuals openly despise my religion. , My religion however does not care to defend   because Hinduism is like the flowing river that  never remain stagnant and prejudiced.  History is the evidence  that Hinduism   has suffered  centuries of oppression and violence yet   remain ever lasting without any political  hand holdings. 

Hinduism  is more dominating and  vibrant in India than elsewhere. No other religions in this world is more tolerant and peace loving  than Hinduism   Hindutva can never advocate violence.  If today it is being branded as a violent monger, it is the  politicians  doing and remain one among their many vote banking strategies at work. 

 India respects all religions and faith. That is why India is a Secular country However for Hinduism that dominates the country, Secularism is more about humanism than Religion. Hinduism indeed is  a  way of life 

For me being a HINDU  is as much a matter of pride  as being an INDIAN 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AFRICAN SAFARI.....a Book Review

Giving words to my thoughts...

Who will win BIHAR .. 'Let the last Vote get counted'